Finding and Keeping Love
Are you looking for a loving and lasting relationship?
Have you ever had these thoughts or feelings?
• I will never find a good relationship.
• Nobody that I like will like me.
• I keep on choosing the wrong partner!
• I should accept that I will be single for life.
• My partners do not want to make a commitment.
• Dating is too stressful, time consuming and leads to heartbreak.
• I am not lucky when it comes to love.
Yes, you may be right. Seeking a romantic relationship puts us at risk of getting hurt but will also give us the opportunity to achieve our dream of enjoying a mature and enduring love.
I will help you to identify anything that could be sabotaging your chances to find a satisfying relationship. Our work together will include:
• Improving your “dating skills”, your physical appearance and “self marketing techniques”
• Selecting the more effective method that maximizes the odds of finding that “special someone” (e.g. internet dating, personal introductions, agencies, speed dating)
• Improving your self esteem to make yourself feel better as well as more attractive to potential partners
• Identifying what type of relationship you are looking for (e.g. non exclusive dating, a committed relationship, cohabitation without marriage, marriage with children)
• Overcoming any “emotional baggage” related to past relationships or to your family background
• Showing you how to recognize “warning signs” during your dates
• Being your “dating coach” by helping you choose “Mr. or Ms. Right”
My professional help will include using interventions based on major psychological theories (Psychodynamic, Schema, Cognitive Behavioral, Gottman) as well as from my own experience in the singles world. I have been invited to speak about dating and relationships in Borders bookstores and singles conventions. You will also have the opportunity to interact with other singles in a group therapy setting.